Wednesday 28 January 2015

And they call it... Puppy Love.....

Hi folks..

Last post today using January's Creative Expressions Design Team Stamps....

Today's project was inspired by another photo I have of Holly....

So, after Stamping and colouring "Toby"

I glazed him using Glossy Accents...
I love using Glossy Accents over a coloured image as it adds that dimension I often seek on my projects...

The other reason I like to use it is because it seals the image so that you are able to colour the White card stock with Ink. As the Glossy Accents (once dry) resists Ink, you are able to make the background whatever colour you like..
"Why not just stamp onto coloured card stock" I hear you ask? Because colouring in the image would just not work, most of the colours would not show up and there would be very little chance of obtaining any shading effects either...

Once I had coloured and trimmed the card stock to size, and before mounting it onto my prepared base card I spritz'd it with a little bit of water just to soften it slightly.. On this particular project it's almost created a faux velvet effect.. Bet I couldn't do that again if I tried!!!

And there we go, just added a few handmade embellies to finish the project off....
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon.
Andy.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Andy - the background really does have a textured look to it.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete