Thursday 2 January 2014

And so it begins......

Hi folks.. I hope you are all settling in to 2014?
Only the 2nd of January and the Birthday's have already arrived...
Today is my best mates B'day.. And here's the card I made for him..

He's a bit of a dance fiend, and at his age, he really should know better. But to be honest, it's still quite impressive if a little embarrassing to watch him throw some shapes at any given moment on a night out!!
So, for me, this Digi image from Make it Crafty has fit the bill for his card this year...

It's been a while since I have done some colouring, and it's not until you revisit a technique that you remember how much you enjoy it and wonder why you don't do it a little more often!
I purchased the whole set of the dancers, well, they were only Au$7.65 (£4.12) and I got a FREE digi too, so why not!
So, for his card I printed out one of the images and coloured it using my Copics...

Normally, I would have glazed the image with Glossy Accents, but one of the draw backs for me using a Digi image is that my printer does not take 290gsm card stock, at a push maybe 225gsm, which really doesn't like the wetness of Glossy Accents and buckles the card (must ask Santa for a new Printer this year....)
So, although I would have preferred to have glazed the image, leaving it as it is seemed fine and perhaps more in keeping with the "Cartoony" "sketchiness" of the image!
So as not to detract from the image, I simply matt and layered with some Mirror card and pattered card stock

before attaching my PC printed sentiment (what does KK1 mean? Don't ask, it's just one of those things!!)..

And there you go..... First project for 2014 off of the Pinnacles production line....

Happy Birthday KK1, hope you enjoy your day mate...
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon..
Andy.

1 comment:

  1. Well you've managed a lot more than I have - all I've managed is to print out some images and some project ideas...and they are still sitting on the desk LOL

    Great card Andy and a super crafty start to the year. Can't wait to see what you do with the other images.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete