Tuesday 21 May 2013

From Flakes to Wax....

Hi Folks... I appear to have developed a theme!!!

Last week it was all about Gilding Flakes, and this week I've moved onto Gilding Wax..

Whilst I was in town last week waiting for some new glasses, I popped into Wilkinson's to kill a bit of time!! You know they say "never go food shopping when you are hungry!?" as you'll end up buying loads of stuff that you don't really need!! Well, I want to add to that.. Don't go to Wilko's when you're looking for a bit of crafting inspo, cos you'll come out with several bags full of stuff that is just gagging to be altered!!
I picked up several of these inexpensive frames. I think this one was only £3.00!!

I gave it a whollop of Gilding Wax, I say whollop, in fact, you use very little. For this one I used Patina Blue which is from the Peacock set. But, to be honest, any individual colour of Gilding Wax would give a great effect.. Can't wait to give the Vintage Plum a go...

When playing around, I'm never quite sure in which direction I'm taking the project. So, for now, I've just added a Gilded Die Cut to the frame. When I get the right picture to go inside it then I'll swap it over for that!!

I also purchased a few White frames,

this one was coloured using the Verde Gris Wax, which is also from the Peacock set...

Finished off with some Hunkydory Die cut Decoupage and a Cheery Lynn sentiment, as again, I wasn't too sure where I was going with this!! Still, quite pleased with the initial results!! More play time looms me thinks...
Just a reminder to all those Pinnacle Crafts Club Members out there.. It's Club Members Weekend this weekend.. And as it's another Bank Holiday Weekend, it's another Pinnacles 4 day'er... The fun starts at 9am on Friday... We look forward to seeing you there.
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon.
Andy.

2 comments:

  1. Great effect on the frames Andy.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love what you did with the picture frames, and I am going to have to borrow the idea. I bought a few gilding wax's so just need the frames. They are totally transformed and certainly look a lot more expensive than the £3 you bought them for. Well done.

    ReplyDelete