Saturday 10 November 2012

Christmas stamping with a difference....

Hi folks... Cracking on with more Stamping Gear projects today! In may last two posts I have shared with you two examples using the smallest "Circle" Gear. I said at the time Circles are not the only shape that the Stamping Gear can produce...
So today, we have an Oval version... It's a little O.T.T but was sure fun to make..
Again, the principle is exactly the same, this time working in an oval pattern..
The spacing’s created using this shape has allowed me to use not one but two different stamped images creating another amazing effect.... The Gold and Black combo I had used to stamp in was giving me the direction to make this quite an opulent project; it is almost Christmas after all!!
So, I cut out the middle of the stamped frame using an Oval Spellbinders Die.
On a separate piece of card I cut out the Spellbinders Die Basic Lattice (S5-151), notice that it holds within the piece of card as opposed to cutting it out completely. This is so you can expand the patter to make it bigger. This is why they are called "Expendable’s" I guess!! Doh!
This was layered behind the Oval
and mounted onto some Gold Mirror card.
I then added a prepared Christmas Flower Spray,
and a Bow which was fastened with one of the new Dazzlers! Have you seen the colours they come in now.. Yum!! So, there you go! As I said, rather opulent and OTT but sometimes that is just the way it goes... Thanks for checking us out... See you soon.. Andy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, very lush.

    Great card Andy and the choice of stamps you have used is fabulous...love the leafy effect.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete