Friday 5 October 2012

Pretty in Pink...

Hi gang. See, I said I would be back by the end of the week.. I also said I would be back once I had caught up with myself! Have I? Have I ek!! But, I have managed to get a little crafting done to share with you.... October is National Breast Cancer awareness Month.. I guess we all know of someone who has been affected in one way or another with this dreadful disease? And, although it really shouldn’t take a specific Month or Day to think of, or remember them, having such does bring it to the fore!!
So, here is the project I have made with the Pink Ribbon in mind.. I guess, like many crafters, I can be swayed by a nice new piece of card stock, even though I already have several others already in my stash!!
But these two new ones from Kanban were just too good to ignore...
But, they needed just a little bit of help, so I had a play with some Mica Powders and Acetate
and changed them up a bit from their original state... To add a little more interest I wanted to make a frame around the shape. However, none of my Nestabilities suited or even fit the shape I had cut..
So, I cut a few border strips in Pink Mirror card using the XCut Borders.
And attached them to the image. I guess you can't have a girly Pink card without a few flowers?
So, using a die from the Spellbinders Jewel Flourishes & Flowers set (S5-143) I cut several flowers shapes.
Layering 3 of them together to form a much fuller flower shape,
before adding some Glossy Accents to the centre and sprinkling some Glamour Dust for some added sparkle.. Once these were dry (overnight) I thought I'd just have a little play around with them to see what different effects I could get.
This one is one of the sets of 3 flowers cupped in on itself and then positioned inside another set of 3 flowers..
No idea what kind of flower you would call it, but I think it looks pretty good all the same!
The other flower shapes I just kept as the set of 3 but manipulated the petals a bit to give them a little more dimension... So, that's all the prep done, they all just needed adding to the base card...
Eh viola!!! I hope you have a great weekend, and thanks for checking us out.. See you soon. Andy.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card Andy - the beauty of it comes across even more when seen in the flesh.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the papers and the cuts used.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete