Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Nutcracker Sweet (Suite)...

Hi Blogland.. This isn't the project I was planning to post today. But it has caused a little bit of a stir in the shop so I thought I'd share it with a wider audience... I know how lucky I am to have the opportunity to see the products which are coming, sometime Months before they are actually released. Sometimes it's almost impossible to keep a lid on my excitement and my gob shut.. (I know, get a life!) But I'm sure many of you can empathise?
This was the case with these papers from Graphic 45. I knew we had to have them and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them!!
This!!
Page by page,
it tells part of the story of the Nutcracker..
It's not a story I am familiar with,
but the text on the papers
gives the general gist
of what it's all about..
And suddenly,
I'm informed!!
Now you may think that the book is made from wood?! Infact it is wood effect card stock which I have distressed with Toffee Crunch Memento Ink to tie in with the papers. Pretty good match eh?!
The front and back images I have sprayed with Stick and Spray to give them a glazed effect.
The whole thing amazes me how it has all come together!! I'm planning on giving it to little Oliver for his "First Christmas". Something that perhaps can be brought out every year.. I'm liking starting new traditions... Ho Ho Ho.. Hope you like it as much as I do? Thanks for checking us out. See you soon Andy..

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely keepsake - something to treasure.

    Beautiful project Andy.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete