Thursday 13 September 2012

Earth Tone Santa........

Hi guys. How's it going? And how are you getting on with your Crimbo Cards for this year? All done? OK, maybe not! Well, here's another sample to give you some inspo if you need it.. You may recall last year I took one stamp and coloured it 6 different ways to see the different effects that could be created and really to get the most out of the stamp. I've done something similar this year and we've had 2 different uses so far, one in a traditional Red and Green and one in Blue..
So, here we go with an Earth tone/Sepia version.. It actually reminds me of my Nan's Christmas tree. She had these Gold Santa's that she would decorate her tree with. Sadly, Nanny Iris is no longer with us but I love the fact that this card evokes some happy memories..
I stamped my image using Black Memento Ink and coloured it using Earth Tone Copic colours. And, of course, glazed it with Glossy Accents.
Using the largest die from the Spellbinders set Decorative Labels One (S4-379) I cut out the image in Copper Mirror card. I also cut out the second largest shape using the Spellbinders Die Labels One (S4-161).
And layered the 2 images together,
before mounting Santa in the middle.
For the background I embossed a White piece of card stock using the Spellbinder M-Bossibilitie Holiday Magic (EL-014).
Before assembling the finished card. So, there you go, another one for the pile. Thanks for checking us out. See you soon. Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Just checked out the other colour combos as well. They all look good, but very different.
    Interested to see where you go with this.
    Hugs
    Cally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the series you did last year and enjoying this one just as much. Great card and although not colours I would normally use will definitely give it ago.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this version Andy - such an Olde Worlde vintage feel to it. Beautiful card.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete