Friday 13 April 2012

An Art Deco Birthday...

Hi Blogland.. Today is the Birthday of another very special friend to us here at Pinnacles, Mrs Harrison...
And here is the card I made for her...
To start off with I printed my Art Deco image from a Debbie Moore CD,
cutting out the images
and then layering them all together.
As much as I like the Art Deco theme, I can't be doing with cutting out all of the fine detail on her hat and waistband. Instead, choosing to cut these elements off of each layer and favouring making my own embellishments with some Fibres and Beading.
The inspiration for this particular project stemmed from a new Sizzix Framelits Die I was given. It's called Ironworks (657556) and has Art Deco written all over it (not litterally!) and is suitable to be used through the Sizzix Big Shot, Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur Machines. So, I cut it out on some Silver Mirror card,
and mounted it onto some White Card Stock which I had sprayed with Stick and Stay.
I then cut the die out onto some printed Vellum
and filled in the spaces with the waste from the Vellum onto my Silver image. As the White card stock was still sticky, these pieces were held in place.
I then cut off the excess white card stock.
Continuing the Vellum theme through the project, I mounted another piece of the Vellum onto a flourished piece of card stock; you can just see the design coming through the Vellum I hope? This in turn was matt and layered onto a piece of Silver Mirror card and adhered to my base card.
Although the Art Deco style is more about straight lines and concentric shapes, I could not resist using my Cheery Lynn Flourish (B-169 Mega Flourish Two) again!
Mounting the Art Deco topper over the centre of the Flourish,
and the adding my Decoupage image.
Completing the project with a simple little bow in the top corner.. Happy Birthday Mrs Harrison, we all hope you enjoy your day xx... Thanks for checking us out, see you soon. Andy...

2 comments:

  1. Must have that die! Hope you've got some when i pop in tomorrow ;-) Absolutely beautiful card as always Andy
    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete