Tuesday 27 March 2012

Happy Birthday Lyn...

Hi Blogland... Hope you like the new background to our little Blog? I'm not quite sure I do yet. A new season (Spring) so I thought it was time for a new colour scheme! Anyway, "Welcome" to today’s post. I hope you have had a great weekend? I know I did....
Today is the Birthday of a very dear friend to us here at Pinnacles "Lyn". This is the card I made for her. It's very simple and elegant in it's make up, and just perfect for her I think..
I started off by using a new Die I have treated myself too. It's from Cheery Lynn and is called Lattice Two (FRM115). Although, for all those ladies who saw it and ordered it at the weekend, we refereed to it as Trellis. Don't you worry yourselves. We've made sure we've ordered the right one in for you all.
So, with my new die I passed it through the Cuttlebug with some nice Aqua Rose print card stock. I guess the die’s popularity is mostly down to the fact that all of the hard work of cutting out the Lattice is done for you, and the effect is just ideal for pretty much any occasion...
Whilst I was contemplating just what to do with my cut out piece of card stock I remembered I had some Wood effect card..
mmmm a proper Garden Trellis perhaps?! That's for another project in the future me thinks!!
So, once cut out, I turned the card stock over and added Foam Pads to the back
before applying it to my prepared base card. The tone on tone is just enough to give this card the dimension I often seek on my projects..
To add even more dimension and perspective I cut out two flourishes using my current fave die (well, one of my current fave's) from Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish (B117). One in Pink and one in Mint Green
and applied them to my project.
Toying with the idea of really going to town and embellishing the card to within an inch of its life, time was not on my side. And I settled for some pre made Pink Flowers to finish Lyn's card off.. Just enough of a contrasting colour to add that "Je ne sais quoi"... Anyway, enough of my rattling’s on. You can probably tell that loosing an hour this weekend has taken its toll on my brain?! So, thanks for checking us out and see you very soon. Andy.

2 comments:

  1. Another super members weekend Andy - I'm sure we all spent far too much LOL

    Saw the card on your workdesk and thought the colours looked fab together - a beautiful card.

    Happy Birthday Lyn.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love your new die and along with the other cuts it makes a wonderful card.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete