Thursday 19 January 2012

Valentine's Heart...

Hi Blogland... With Valentine's Day just around the corner, today I thought I'd share another idea for a card for the one you love...It's quite a simple idea but the result looks very opulent. When I have time I might even try it is some other colour ways as I think that it has the potential for not only a Valentines card but possibly Wedding etc...I started the project off by preparing my centre panel. I used the Marianne Designs Die called Anja's Corner (LR0200). Now, this is not a corner in its traditional sense. I.E it does not cut out a whole corner shape.Notice in this picture that the cutting edge is only around the top part of the die and the centre pieces.This will mean that when you place your die on your card stock and pass through your die cutting machineonly these pieces will be cut out, therefore leaving the image attached to the card stock.. This feature has huge potential as an inverted corner for photographs for scrapbook pages and lots of other projects.. Watch out for future posts to see this in action!!So, as the die cuts in to the card stock I used this to my advantage to make a nice big centre frame.. Something perhaps other dies cannot do?! So I lined up the die with my previous cut and ran it through my machine.As the two images line up it's starting to form my panel..Line up the other two cuts and "ta da" there you have your centre panel..I prepared my base card, using some Gold printed card stock and a piece of Gold Glitter card.Adding my die cut image to the Glitter card. I used foam pads, just to lift it slightly away from the Glitter card.Next, I cut out an image using the Memory Box Die, La Rue Heart (98255).This was then placed into the centre of the panel.As happy as I was with the design so far, the open areas of the card looked a little bit bare and bland.. So I cut another one of the corner diesand finished off the cutting edge manually with a pair of Scissors.I did this Four times,one for each corner...And there you go, all done...
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon.
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, or should that be WOW!!!

    Fabulous card Andy and perfect for Anniversaries where you could match the colour to the year; gold, silver, ruby, pearl etc.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful, gorgious!!! Love the heart die, amazing!!!!!

    Love,
    Jannie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.
    Playseat World Rally Championship Gaming Seat

    ReplyDelete