Wednesday 25 May 2011

Subtle bling..

Hi Folks... I've got another simple card for you today as I'm still settling back into the daily grind after my holiday!Whilst I was away we had a delivery of some Nestabling! And, as I have a couple of Anniversary cards to make for the coming weeks I thought I would give this new product a go..I chose to use the Scalloped Hearts White Pearl Nestabling, which co ordinates with S4-137 Scalloped Hearts Nestabilitie.Although, I couldn't find my Scalloped Heart Nestabilitie I decided to use the Classic Heart Nestabilitie S4-136 and see if the Nestabling would work with that die too.. Which it did!The work which has already been done for us in the make up of these designs will save so much time than if you did it yourselfand probably look a lot better than if I had tried to do it manually myself!!I found a piece of backing paper with some printed frames on it,chose the design I wanted for my projectand cut it out.Layering it onto some Pink Mirror card.I prepared my Easel cardand attached the matted backing paper to the back.Adding one of the bling'ed up heart shapes to the paper...I then cut a border strip from the same card I used for my easel card using the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Trim Punch.Matted it onto some of the Pink Mirror cardbefore applying it to the Easel card as my stopper.We have also had a delivery of some great new Prima Flowers and Leaves whilst I have been away.. Now, these White leaves will look great on some of my Christmas projects, but they are also crying out to be inked within an inch of their lives!!So that's what I did.. I have been meaning to play with our new Tim Holtz Distress Stains, so this was the perfect opportunity. I tried several colours (as you may have noticed on the first pic in this post?!) but settled on using Peeled Paint and Forest Moss for my leaves.Once dry the leaves looked much lighter than when they were wet, der!!! So if you want a darker colour then a second application should give you just that!I then took the largest flower from another set of Prima Flowersand applied it and the leaves to the Easel card for some decoration.And there you go.. I've just got to add my Anniversary sentiment when I am ready and pop it in the post!.
Thanks for checking us out and see you soon.
Andy..

2 comments:

  1. If this post doesn't look like it normally does Andy - BLAME BLOGGER!!!

    Lovely card and what a beautiful bloom - looks fab.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete