Friday 4 February 2011

House Mouse 2

Hi Blogland. Today is Paul's (Joanne's Partner) Birthday. The man loves his food HOT!!! I think he would have hot sauce on his Christmas Dinner if he could!!So, when I saw a decoupage image in the Food & Drink House Mouse set I knew this would work for his Birthday Card!!I started off by cutting out all of the imagesand layering them together.I know that decoupage can be fiddly, but the time spent cutting and layering the pieces together is so worth it when you can get this sort of dimension. Don't get me wrong, die cut decoupage would make life sooooo much easier!!I then matt and layered the image with some Gold and Red Mirror card.I then took a selection of Adirondak Inks, and covered a piece of White card stock,initially with Sunshine Yellow and Orange Sunset.I then embossed the card through the Cuttlebug using the Fauna Embossing Folder.And then went over the image again, this time using Red Pepper and Water Mellon Ink.Highlighting the raised sections with Glossy Accents.Once it was dry I matt and layered the image with Gold and Red Mirror card.I also came across this piece of flame backing paper which I cut to size, matted in Goldand added it to my pre made Easel card.I then added the embossed image to the front of the card,overlaying the decoupage image...I printed my sentiment in a "flame font" from my PC.I really wanted to cut it out in a Chilli shape. The only thing I could find on My Cricut that looked similar was a cut from the Pumpkin Carving cartridge. So I loaded it onto my Gypsy and positioned the image on the cutting mat so that the sentiment would be included in the cut. I stretched the Pumpkin shape to look a little more like a Chilli, this has got to be one of the greatest features of the Gypsy, the fact that you can manipulate any image above and beyond it's intended use!!Once cut out, I applied some Red Pepper and Lettuce Adirondak ink to the imagebefore covering it entirely with Glossy Accents and leaving it to dry overnight.Once it was dry I added it to the card to finish it off!!!And there you go, one very HOT looking card!!! Happy Birthday Paul.
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon.
Andy.

6 comments:

  1. Great card.....I love the way that it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the House Mouse posts @ndy ... HM is one of my faves and I was beginning to scratch about for some new inspo, having used the decoupage so often now. I too wish they were 'die-cuts', especially the Christmas tree ones!!!! But hey, we can't have it all and they are definitely worth persevering with. Well done. Can we expect more ... pleeeeeease.

    Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great Andy creation - super card.

    "Happy Birthday Paul"

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy, thought it was about time you had another award for the cyber cabinet...just hop over to my blog to collect it.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy, loving the House Mouse stamps, do they only do them in wood or are they available as clear stamps as well. Sorry I can't make the workshop on 18th due to having a broken leg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, is that ever cute, Andy! Love that CB folder and how youve used the glossy accents and that chili is fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete