Wednesday 2 February 2011

House Mouse 1.....

Hi everyone. I know, I know! 2 posts in as many day's, not like me at all, but if all goes to plan this is a scheduled post and will make things a little easier for me for future posts..
I wanted to share with you today, and over the next couple of posts a few cards I have made using some House Mouse decoupage.. The set I have been using is Food & Drink.. Two of my favourite subjects!!..... Now, I think the House Mouse range is fantastic! But why oh why do they have to be put in a pack!? You know how it is, you like this image from that pack and that image from this pack. You either end up buying both packs or neither!! However, with this pack I definitely wanted one of the images, you'll find out on Friday's post which one and why.. So don't forget to check back then...So, seeing as I had opened the pack I felt it only necessary to at least use a couple of the other images before they were placed on "the pile", oh you have one of those too do you?!! LOL!So, after cutting out the image I matt and layered it onto some Gold Mirror card and some Chocolate Brown Bazzil card stock.Then!! Find of the century!! I recalled I had some of this Hessian type paper/card stock somewhere in the vastness that is Pinnacle Crafts. And low and behold I came across it!! What a result! It mimics the Hessian of the Coffee sack to a tee, well not tee maybe but you know what I mean.So I cut it to size and again matted it onto some Gold Mirror card and then placed it on a Brown base card..Adding the decoupage Image on top..I then cut and embossed a Spellbinders tag, added it to the cardand popped on a simple, if cheeky sentiment.Great for a Male, or Female come to that, Valentines card perhaps!!!
I just love how the whole thing has come together!!! Fingers crossed that the scheduled post works, I'll be checking it in the morning just to make sure.. Which actually negates the need to schedule a post but I think you know where I'm coming from!!?
Thanks for checking us out and see you soon.
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you used the burlap fabric this card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Andy...I treated myself to the "Ice Cream" House Mouse Stamp set but as a coffee addict this image is right up my street.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are sooooooooooooooo sweet Andy!
    (Just like you, loved the surprise!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!)

    Love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete