Wednesday 20 October 2010

Buon Compleanno

Ciao Blogland. Yesterday was my mate Tony's Birthday. He is Italian, hence the greeting.Now, I know it's difficult to make cards for us guys and I found it equally as difficult to put something together but focused on a couple of things he enjoys I.E the odd round of Golf followed by a couple of pints.
It's quite a simple card to put together and here's how.
I stamped my image, coloured it with my Copic Pens and then glazed it with Glossy Accents. I let the whole thing dry overnight before cutting it out.
I embossed a piece of Silver Mirror card using the Craft Concepts Folder - Sun Rays.Adding my stamped image to it, specifically trying to get the Pint in the centre of the rays.I then made my Side Stepper card (instructions can be found here) using some plaid card stock
and added the images to the largest side.I used my Gypsy machine to weld the letters of my sentiment together before cutting them out twice on my Cricut Machineand layerd the two sets of words together for dimension and strengthand then added them to the project.
And there you go, finito.
Thanks for checking us out and have a great day.
See you soon
Andy.

10 comments:

  1. I love the card but the link to side stepper instructions only seems to take you to the sunburst embossing template, could you please direct me to the side stepper instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great card Andy! I love the embossed silver paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the use of the embossing folder Andy, will have to check that one out! Hope Tony loves the card...... French Lin ..xx..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiddlesticks! You've just reminded me what else I meant to buy after class on Saturday - plaid card.

    As you know, I'm not a lover of the 'flipin' image range but this card looks fab...did you remember the 'bath' card as well this time LOL

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy...this is a great card. and I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to your friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great card.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  7. some how I've not got this folder,surprise,surprise!! it is a must-great card Andy - Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is great. I love the sun rays embossing. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Andy, I just got some of those embossing folders last week not had time to try them so its great to see how fab they look!
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfect male card, very effective yet no frills lol. Love the use of the embossing.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete