Wednesday 11 August 2010

Happy Birthday Reene...

Hi Blogland, today is a very special friends Birthday, and what a treat it was to have her spend the day with us at Pinnacles.. I'm sure there were many other places she could have been, but here she was... Hope you had a great day Reene and enjoy what's left of your Birthday.. xx I wanted to share the card I made for her.
Now, you know I love my stamping and my Copics and of course a dollop or ten of Glossy Accents!Well here they are all combined...First of all I stamped my image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.I coloured the leaves using Pea Green, my personal favourite for leaves..
Then I coloured the Rose using Pale Heath & Pale Pink.
Then glazed the whole image in Glossy Accents...
Once dry, I cut out the image.. You will notice that I cut off the swirls, mmmmm! I'm not a patient man and doubt I would have been very successful in cutting them out too. I think the image looks better without them anyhoo..!I then took FlowerSoft dome and placed the image inside it adding some high tac tape to secure the overhanging leaves and in preparation for adhering it to the card.I cut out an oval roughly the same size as the dome using an Oval Nestabilitie die.Placed the dome onto my card stock, laying the cut out backing paper over it.Adding a peel off border and sentimentand finishing off with some complementary leaves from my stash!!
Hope you like the idea and will join me in wishing Reene a fun packed rest of her Birthday.. Maybe not too fun packed, you've got work in the morning girl!! xx
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon..
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Andy and a very Happy Birthday to Reene.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andy for a lovely card (and instructions on the making), and I can assure you I had just the best day with you all at Pinnacle.

    Thanks Toni (Misteejay) for your kind birthday wishes too.

    Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to you all at Pinnacle. What a beautiful card, even though I want to say stunning oops just di so yes beautiful and stunning. Well done Andy as I know for a fact Irene loved it.

    All the best
    Lyn (wed)

    ReplyDelete