Sunday 7 February 2010

You've captured my heart

Hi Blogland. A bit corny I know, but for all you romantics out there, this ones for you... With Valentines Day fast approaching I wanted to share with you a project I made the other day..February is the Month of love, so using the craft tool I LOVE the most, my Cricut! this is what I came up with...I cut out 4 bird cage images @ 8" from the Serenade Cricut cartridge.
My initial intention was to just cut out one and use it on a card as a one dimensional object. But when I cut the first image out,the waste which was cut to form the bars of the cage gave me the idea to use them as corners to link more imagesto form a complete 3D cage.I then cut out my Silhouette image from Love Struck. This is one of the limited edition cartridges and has many great images for not only Valentines, but weddings, engagements etc, etc. This image was cut at 3 3/4" onto Black Mirror card. I then cut the Blackout image onto Pink Mirror cardand stuck to two together using Pinflair glue. I did this twice so that I had an image for the front and one for the back so that when it spins round you get to see both sides.Before I stuck the two sets of images together I applied some clear thread to the back of one imageso that I could hang it inside the cage.The cage looked ok'ish, but needed something else, so I cut some branches from the Mothers Day cartridge, another of the new Limited Edition cartridges and applied them to the outside of the Bird cage.I then cut out a few Butterflies using my Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch in the same Pink Mirror card used for the silhouette background and randomly added them to the outside of the cage. I also printed a sentiment from my PC and matted and layered it to co ordinate with the project.The last thing I added were some clear beads for the top of the cage. I glued them together with Pinflair glue and allowed them to dry before adding them all to the top of the cage.
I hope you like this creation.. Now who do I give it to?? Decisions, decisions...
Have a great day.
See you soon...
Pinnacles.

25 comments:

  1. I found this an interesting project and I have the cart you mentioned the Love Struck. I have tried cutting the heart that is reminiscent of a zebra pattern and I have tried in several different sizes and discovered that it doesnt cut properly in the same position on each heart in all sorts of sizes from small to large. It is on the left hand side three quarters of the way down.Do you have the same problem or might I have a faulty cart? I think it is heart number 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. back again, my lord i'm gonna have to do some serious cartridge shopping, thank you so much for sharing, it's by far one of the best projects I have ever seen!! toodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent you finished it.... and excellent is how it looks. Well done! I'm sure everyone will just love this... shame I don't have anyone to send it too.... aaaaahhh! sad ... but what about with birds or flowers for Mother's Day ... hmmm..... or all white flowers for a Bride ... hmmm .... those cricut carts are moving towards the machine !!!!! A big WOW and a bigger thanks for such brilliant inspiration Andy.

    Seey'all soon. Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo cute! That is thinking outside the box and I love it. Thanks for the instructions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any of those carts, but you sure can make a gal want to shop for them. TFS this wonderful valentine.

    Laurinda Cricut MB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try it, it is a gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, and.....wow. That word keeps popping into my head. What a gorgeous and unique project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some very beautiful work.
    i am hooked and became a follower. Look forward to your creations. You have a true gift. TFS with us and inspiring so many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, that is one awesome project!! I got the Lovestruk one, and I think there is a cage on the Pagoda one, so I micht be able to make that project!! Actually, I think I might stop bloggin now and start it straight away!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! This is absolutely beautiful!!! What a grand project!!! Someone will be getting an unforgettable Valentine!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just Beautiful! It would make a great center piece for a wedding or any spring time get together. Just Beautiful! TFS and can't wait to see what else you will be creating in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! You've got some project there Mr. It is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!!! What more can one say...Andy you are totally inspiring. Keep playing and I'll keep drooling at the wonderful things you come up with.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! I have been wondering if making 3d cages would turn out or not, so thanks a bunch for showing this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!
    You can PICK ME to give it to :)
    What a fabulous work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful. I can make your life easier give it to me!☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the most gorgeous project I've seen in a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi again,

    I was so amazed with your project yesterday, that I recreated it immediatly. I posted my take on the cricut MB (under cricut cards) and gave you all the credit for your idea, and posted a link to your blog as well! I hope that that is ok, and if you have a look, I hope you like what I did, using Flowersoft on the cage!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this. The mirror paper for the silhouette is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really nice, thanks for sharing this. I love the birdcage, simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a very cool project. I am definately going to have to ry this. And I agree you could use it for so many other things such as weddings and mothers day. Thank you so much for the inspiration. You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic card! Hope you don't mind that I've scrap lifted this. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your projects are out of the world. You amaze me every time.
    Thanks for your beautiful blog

    ReplyDelete