Friday 20 November 2009

It's been a long time coming..

...but they have finally arrived! The Punch Around the Page sets are here....
I have been waiting for ages to get my hands on these, so as soon as they were in I got to playing with them..At the moment we have three sets available..Snowfall..Rings...and Scallop 3 Dots..These punch sets are unique in the fact that they allow you to punch all the way around a piece of card stock, using specific measurements.. Don't worry! they are simple measurements and all the instructions are in the box...
For my sample cards I cut out 2 5" circles from my Cricut machine, but any other tool that allows you to cut 5" circles is fine.
Now, you may remember back a few weeks ago the Butterfly card I did?! The method for this card is basically the same..Take a waste piece of card and cut in a circle at 5". Fold in half and the fold in half again. Where the 2 folds cross will locate the centre of the circle.lay this piece of card over your patterned card stock and mark the centre.
Then dissect the piece of card into 8 equal sections using a Ruler and Pencil passing through this centre point.Take your corner punch "with the wings closed" and line up the notch at the front of the punch with one of the pencil lines.Guide the punch to the corresponding horizontal pencil lines and punch through the card stock.Repeat this all the way around the circle on both pieces of patterned card stock.
The centre will pop out and you are also left with a cool negative piece to use.
Apply glue to the second Frong in from the right, all the way around your image and adhere it to the negative image.With the second negative image, apply foam pads to the back and position on top of the Snowflake image rotating it slightly.I then cut a piece of light Blue Mirror card ( sorry, I know it looks Green!) 5" x 5"
and cut the corners with the corner punch, notice the wings are now open.
then line up your border punch and cut along the straight edges of the card, connecting the pre cut corners..Lay all of your cut images together to see the best way to put them together..
I then did the same process with a Gold piece of Mirror card this time cut at 6 3/4".It's all starting to come together now!
I mounted the Gold card onto some complementary Blue card stock,
then the Blue Mirror cardand finally my initial image...
There are lots of different combinations your could do with these punches, the difficult choice was really which one to go for, and there are more designs on their way... Good job Christmas, and Club Members Weekend is just around the corner don't you think?!!!

Anyway, I hope you like the samples and that they give you some idea of how these amazing punches work, but as I said FULL and SIMPLE instructions come in the box.. Also the punches can be used individually or together and are great value and excellent Christmas Gift ideas...

Thanks for checking us out...
See you soon
Pinnacles...

4 comments:

  1. Oooooooo fab (know what is going on my shopping list LOL)

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have acquired numerous M.S. punches but these ones look lovely and effective.I do hope that they bring out corners to match the other punches which are already out.Your fab ideas are never ending Andy!! see you on Friday Becky-Bex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! the snowflake one is so pretty, but how does a person choose, I like them all .... how many do you have in stock???? LOL. Thanks for the technique details too Andy, inspo is always welcome, particularly at this time of year!!!
    Seey'all Thursday.

    Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this card if absolutely fab. I couldn't decide which o fht ethree to have, so guess what I bought them all. Thanks again for your inspirationa and help. Lyn (wed)

    ReplyDelete