Friday 3 July 2009

It's all about Dad...

Hi Everyone, Father's Day has been and gone for sometime now and now I have managed to prize my Dad's Father's Day cards from him, well not so much prize as take and replace before he notices.... I'd like to share them with you.
As many of you know Joanne has an AMAZING talent with Parchment craft, if fact for those that don't know her she is a qualified Pergamano and PCA (Parchcraft Australia tutor).

This was her card for Dad.. Now, when I saw it I just stared and stared at it.It just amazes me how such stunning effects can be achieved with this technique, a true art I think you'll agree? Don't forget you can always see Joanne's beautiful work here or in the shop. Or why not try one of Joanne's Parchment classes...?

This was Pauline's card to Dad, she obviously doesn't need to send a card to her Husband on Father's Day, but any opportunity to give a card can make someones day I think...
The card opens in the middle and is stamped in the windows with all his tools etc. We also did this one in a lesson a while back and everyone loved the great idea...

And this was my effort. For those that know me you know any chance to roll up my sleeves and get the inks out and I'm there! For those that don't know me, I am Andy and I like ink, there I said it...! Phew that feels better... Anyhoo.. I used Cosmic Shimmer Mist's for this card.. Random colours were sprayed onto glossy White card stock... They dry pretty much instantly so can be worked on straight away. Once coloured and dry I ran a piece of card stock through the Cuttlebug using the Distress Stripes (Bark) Embossing folder.
The other piece of card stock (which I had used different colours on) was cut and embossed with the Maple Leaf Cuttlebug Combo Die. The letters were also Cuttlebug, Red Tag Sale..

Hope you like the cards and thanks for checking us out...

1 comment:

  1. What great ideas for the men in our lives - I always struggle with 'male' cards.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete